If you are on a weight loss journey, you may be surprised to find out that a good night’s sleep can help you in your weight loss efforts. According to RealAge.com, studies have shown that people who sleep a total of 8 hours or more each night burn more fat when they are dieting than those who do not get a good night’s sleep. Studies also show that light sleepers burn less body fat, but they burn more lean muscle mass. There is also an excess of the hormone ghrelin in the system of those who get less sleep. This hormone induces hunger.
When I first heard the diet trick of sleeping more to lose weight, I was surprised. I remember actually staying up later at night, thinking that I would be burning more calories if I was awake rather than being asleep. I figured that as long as I was awake and moving about, that the effects on my weight loss would be positive. I never did notice a difference, however, in my weight loss.
When I first read about sleeping more as an aid to weight loss, I thought it sounded too good to be true…but I tried it. To my surprise, I began to lose weight faster. One of the reasons I believe this is true is because I felt so much better. I was not suffering from fatigue. I was more clear thinking, which resulted in me being a lot more mindful about what I was putting into my mouth. When I was tired all the time, I tended to eat what was the quickest and the easiest available.
For reducing the weight, the requirement of a sound sleep should not be overlooked. The resurge pills will offer a sound and suitable sleep to the customers. The rankings and reviews should be studied to know about the side-effects and benefits of the weight-loss supplements.
In order to get a better and longer night’s sleep, here are some tips that will help you:
- Watch what you eat before you go to sleep. Avoid large meals, spicy food, foods that make you gassy, or anything that contains caffeine.
- Avoid exercising right before bed. Exercise tends to rev you up. You may feel tired hours after exercise, but not right afterwards. Exercise is best done earlier in the day. When done earlier in the day, it can actually help you to get a better night’s sleep.
- Develop a bedtime routine and stick with it.
- Engage in activities that you find relaxing before you go to bed. This could be anything from reading a book to taking a bubble bath.
- Don’t go to bed if you are not feeling sleepy. You will only get frustrated and this can make your insomnia even worse.
Getting a good night’s sleep is important for your overall health. The fact that it aids in weight loss is a bonus, and probably the easiest weight loss tip you will ever receive.